NOT FGR but of interest because of past battles

Postby Pitchfork » Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:41 pm

Danny and Nicky Cowley sacked by Huddersfield
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager

The Cowleys

Postby Bill Shankly » Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:56 pm

Just sacked at Huddersfield after keeping them up...unbelievable.
There will be a queue for their services.
Football never ceases to amaze me.
Bill Shankly
First Team
First Team

Re: NOT FGR but of interest because of past battles

Postby T50 BOS » Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:58 pm

Was always going to reach a level where their style doesn't work.

Have always thought they were one trick ponies (but probably most managers are to be fair) and whilst it was very effective at National League and L2 level things did rather level out for them in L1 and I was surprised a Championship club took a gamble on them.

Looks like they have survived the drop but not the chop ??!!

Probably see them at Mansfield next ............. :lol:
T50 BOS
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby gooseman » Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:28 pm

Football never fails to amaze me. Brought in September 2019 . Through sheer determination, have guided Huddersfield to safety, including a win recently against WBA, who more than likely will be promoted to the Premiership. Thanks for your efforts but have the sack. Utterly bizarre. Wonder whether Hull will employ them after there relegation to League 1.
gooseman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Re: The Cowleys

Postby GETCARTER » Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:18 pm

Bristol City are seeking a new management team to take them up to the Premiership..........
GETCARTER
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:21 pm

gooseman wrote:Football never fails to amaze me. Brought in September 2019 . Through sheer determination, have guided Huddersfield to safety, including a win recently against WBA, who more than likely will be promoted to the Premiership. Thanks for your efforts but have the sack. Utterly bizarre. Wonder whether Hull will employ them after there relegation to League 1.

similarly agree with you and bill shankly .

I wish i had the time to go onto their forum and see if the reasons are a bit clearer .

seems very odd -you know what you are getting with them-so can't be the style - (and it works ,and i like the 'style' myself ).

as you say-kept them up in first season and with have 'learned their trade' in a division which they would not have been familiar with in readiness for next season .

as you say-seems bizarre -there must be more to it surely ?

has one of them run over the chairpersons cat or similar -intriguing-wish i had time to find out ?

will reece brown get a 'fresh start/opportunity 'under a new manager ?
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Bill Shankly » Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:30 am

I thought sacking the Cowleys was bizarre at best but Nigel Pearson's termination with 2 games to go was beyond all reason when they still need a point .....knowing football they will get a win at City.

If MC does not get anew contract in 20/21 there will be some seriously good track record managers out there ...Cowleys, Johnson,Pullis Allardyce etc

Maybe Guardiola is on the brink after failure in the league and FA Cup.....lol ,
He can still save his job with a champions League win......
Mind you his pass pass football might get a bit tedious......

They will all be queuing up for a stress free life in rural Gloucestershire...should DV make a change after this year.
Bill Shankly
First Team
First Team

Postby Tommo » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:31 pm

Agreed. It’s crazy. Pearson were brought in to avoid relegation and, having almost done that, they are sacked. I don’t get it.

I never liked the Cowley’s and maybe club have realised that their style and attitude is too ugly for their fans to stomach next season. Still they have been treated too harshly it seems to me
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby GETCARTER » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:33 pm

Both the Cowleys could go back to teaching PE.
GETCARTER
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Bill Shankly » Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:32 pm

They could support Grubby.asno 2 and 3
Bill Shankly
First Team
First Team

Return to General Chat